Mark your calendars now! The Scholarship Foundation of St. Louis will be hosting free clinics and workshops throughout the 2013-2014 academic year that are designed to help students and families navigate the financial aid process and avoid excessive debt. All are held at the Foundation’s office (8215 Clayton Road, St. Louis, MO 63117).
Financial Aid Basics Workshop
• Monday, January 13 at 6:30 pm
• Families are introduced to basics of paying for higher education and learn to identify people, organizations, and sources of information that can
help them address their specific financial challenges.
Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) Workshop
• Wednesday, December 11 at 6:30 pm
• Learn about the FAFSA, including the part it plays in the college application process and why it is important to complete the form accurately and submit it early.
• Every Saturday in February 2014, from 9 am to noon
• Get one-on-one help completing the FAFSA. Appointments required.
The Scholarship Foundation Interest-Free Loan Application Completion Clinic
• Clinics are April 10, 11, 14, and 15 from 10 am – 4 pm; April 12 from 9 am – 12 pm.
• Receive one-on-one assistance completing and submitting the Foundation’s renewable interest-free, fee-free student loan (qualified students can receive up to $9,000 per academic year). Appointments required.
Financial Aid Award Letter Workshops
• April 23, May 21, and June 18 at 6:30 pm
• Explains how to review the amount and kind of financial aid offered, as well as any remaining expense gap that a student and family would have to cover on their own.