The Scholarship Foundation of St. Louis seeks a Bilingual Student Advisor. Advisors work directly with students and provide objective information to support informed decision-making. Student Advisors must understand adolescent and early adult development and possess the ability to listen and empathize. Successful candidates will understand the work because they have lived experiences to draw from and demonstrate a commitment to racial and economic equity.
This position is professional level, exempt, and full-time. Student Advisors spend significant time in the community, visiting schools, partner programs, and community organizations. Position responsibilities include:
- providing counsel to students and families planning for higher education
- cultivating relationships with community partners
- coordinating with school personnel
- offering information to students through workshops, resource materials, and appointments
- interfacing with the Foundation’s advocacy team
- maintaining knowledge on financial aid with a particular expertise on matters unique to immigrant students and families
Requirements include: a bachelor’s degree (preferably in a related field); experience working directly with individuals with complex lives and limited resources; and fluency in Spanish. The salary range for this position is $45,814-$64,139.
Candidates will submit a cover letter and resume by email or U.S. mail to Human Resources, The Scholarship Foundation of St. Louis. 6825 Clayton Avenue, Suite 100, St. Louis, MO 63139 or email@example.com.