The Scholarship Foundation’s Student Advisors are offering several opportunities for recent high school graduates and other students transitioning, or returning, to college for the 2021-22 school year. Students can connect with a Student Advisor directly, as well as participate in informational sessions on topics that may be of interest.
Virtual Open Office Advising Hours: Student Advisors are hosting regular open office hours over Zoom; students may drop in to speak with an Advisor to ask questions, receive assistance or support, and connect to additional resources. Here are some reasons why students might drop in:
- Review or compare their financial aid offer letter(s)
- Receive support with completing verification paperwork and gathering supporting documents
- Receive assistance with creating or implementing a back-up plan
- Complete entrance counseling, promissory notes for Federal Student loans
If you would like to “stop in” for office hours, you may join us every Wednesday starting on June 2, 2021 through July 28, 2021 between 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM. Please click here to join our virtual space. (Please note, Student Advisors will utilize Zoom’s waiting room and admit guests as they join.)
Student Informational Panels: Would you like to hear from other students about their experiences? This summer, we will host students for conversations about their experiences on the path to and through college. We invite you to join and hear from students just like you.
- Applying to College: Get Ready for Senior Year of High School (July 13th, 1-2pm) — Are you a high school student thinking about college and how to get there? There are many steps on the path to college and keeping track of all the details and deadlines can be overwhelming. If you are a rising senior in the class of 2022, we invite you to join a panel of recent high school graduates speak about their experience navigating the path to college, share their encouragement and recommendations, and answer your questions about this process.
- Starting College: Get Ready for First Year of College (August 5th, 1-2pm) — Starting college brings a host of emotions and new experiences. If you are starting college in the 2021-22 school year, please join us for a conversation with students who have just completed their first year in college for a candid conversation about the opportunities and challenges, as well as recommendations on how to transition and connect with on-campus resources and supports. Bring your questions!
- Graduating College and Beyond: Get Ready for Your Future (August 25th, 1-2pm) — There are many opportunities to explore and decisions to make as you go through college; join us for a conversation with recent college graduates about their experiences leading up to graduation, how they managed their final year in college, and what they are working on next!
Transition Tuesdays—Info Sessions: College is a lot of “new” for many students—new vocabulary, new experiences, new places. These sessions are intended to help students transitioning to college by demystifying language and processes. Join us!
- June 15, 3:00-3:30pm: Finding and Reading Tuition Bills
- June 29, 3:00-3:30pm: Understanding Tuition Payment Plans
- July 13, 3:00-3:30pm: Completing Student Loan Entrance Counseling
- July 27, 3:00-3:30pm: Creating a Graduation Plan: Credit Hours and Considerations
- August 3, 3:00-3:30pm: Finding and Accessing Resources on Campus